Monday 16 May 2011

Regeneration





So here's the plan. With the seed of my original World1, my first ever world back from Pre-Alpha, I plan on redoing World1. When I started the world, just as we were about to go into Alpha, I was very new to the game, and thus the buildings were very n00bish. It's been almost 10 months since then and I have learned alot, from playing the game (How to), crafting, building styles etc. I know alot more now than I did then. So I thought, what if I re-d-d this world with what I know as a beta world. How would I do things differently?


To learn about this world in it's pre-Alpha/Alpha days, start reading from: Here



Getting Started.
First things first, is gathering materials. As this time it's being done in Beta, there are Birch trees around in the immediate area, whereas before I would have had to go to a new chunk. Of course we have the new things this time - different trees/saplings, lapis, doggies etc. Like before I would make a small fort on top of the first mountain, but would need cobblestone. Venturing down to the open mine you see above, which would in the future become the underground home, I get my supplies and try and find some coal. I just find 8 Iron instead. Always handy however.


I built the fort pretty much as the sun slowly set, doing things a bit different this time with slightly "In" walls instead of a cube, and also window slits. First off, I gathered dirt and expanded the area at the top of the mountain, I'm not sure if I did this originally, I'm guessing not. I noticed also,  there's no dip by one side of the mine this time where I originally built a "Third wall" around the open area to close it up. I could make the dip, but why repeat history when there's an existing wall there that was never there. This time also, the wooden stairs going down the side of the mountain, now go straight forward. They are also made of smooth stone this time with natural dirt sides:




Original:






Today:






I also have a sand floor instead of the original gravel. I thought what would an old fort have and it's probably dirt, but that would just turn to grass, or animals would spawn inside, So I settled on sand instead. After changing thw walls (I did them the wrong way round and had the front and back of the fort at the sides!), I spent my first night in a dark, dark fort...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts