Friday 15 February 2013

World Holes, Orgre Holes, & Library News!

 
An unusual thing happened when I loaded up my main world - two strange world holes. Or at least two very large holes. In retrospect - maybe it was the work of an ogre given there was a bottom to these holes. Thankfully they are away from the house on the beach, although they took come cacti away. Due to this unnatural event, which I thought was a world hole, I did change gamemode to fill the holes. I thought it was only right as it was something out of my hands and would take infinite amounts of sand to fill. Something else did happen with ogres though, and it wasn't good!



Before the carnage:





I was inside my house and I could hear the sounds of an ogre near by, but as I ran around - desperate to find and stop it it was absolutely nowhere to be found! Later at the rear of my mountain home (Home embedded in a mountain) I found the damage, a huge gaping hole where my back entrance to my home used to be (Just a door left); and the viewing area/room was completely destroyed too!

As I went to get some materials for a quick patch up job i found another huge hole on the landing that led down to storage.. Alot of the grey wool walls were smashed, the ceiling, some glass, and being next to the dining room - on the other side of the wall, he had been in there too.. As I looked up I found where he had spawned, apparently there was a big hole above the ceiling of said landing and that's where he was, not sure what happened with the back entrance. I went into the dining room and he had smashed a dividing wall from said room to the future kitchen.

After the patch up:


Back entrance after the patch up:


Some pictures I didn't take I was too dismayed and couldn't bring myself to take them. There is good new though! Remember I was going to change the art gallery to the library? Well I think I've finally committed to starting it! Last time I showed you it I had gutted the existing walls and put coloured wool where the glass would be:





The other day I gathered the wood I needed, 3 different types + dark logs for this job, and began work! At first putting all the glass in then slowly getting rid of the cobble at last and changing it to an old fashioned old library!:



I've made a good start! I should also mention that a good while back I did customize the paintings for this painterly texture pack. I kept a few of the Monet paintings but replaced most with ones of Turner - my favorite painter. Anywho, expect updates now on this project!

As of this post, the back entrance has been restored to it's former glory, the landing down to storage and the dining room have all been fixed. The viewing room (With the water window), is currently being restored slowly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts