Sunday 5 August 2012

Survival Island

So I generated a new world, but it didn't give me a great spawn, a tiny little island with one tree. However, I thought to myself, wait a minute why don't I try a survival island! Now I did turn the bonus chest on, so I got some 3 stone pick-axes, wooden axe, some bread and apples. Not bad, This is the island:






There's also this area underneath:


My first thought was to create a hoe to hoe the wild grass and grow the seeds on the shore, so at least I wouldn't go hungry. As I worked for the rest of the day I chopped down the tree for wood, replanted the two saplings, and dug up the dirt and did some terra-forming of the uneven ground on the surface, I also cleared out that area with the stone for some much needed cobblestone for tools. Whilst there, I accidentally dug into a wall and let water in, but just as well, as I saw clay! I collected as much as I could and have just over a stack! I'll probably keep the clay for now, it won't amount to much in bricks if I furnace it.



Tree of life!




I'm sure I can find some use for this, mine-shaft?



Day #2:
Chopped down the two trees and began mining, found a nice amount of coal so far, used 5 for torches. Had to eat all the bread to get hearts back, now all I have left is the apples until the wheat grows. On the bright side I now have more saplings and have several trees growing! Will keep digging.. Eventually came across more coal as I dug through the night and 6 Iron! Just before I hit a cave. Before descending down I heard water just above me so investigated.




Before I go down there and do battle I'll out some stuff away first in my single chest, in-case I die. One tree has grown and the wheat is still growing. As I reach the toip we head into day #3. I shall make a furnace, smelt the iron and make supplies, before descending into the very depths of this cave!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts